France World Cup winner Steven Nzonzi is content with his temporary spell at Rennes amid the reported Premier interest from Arsenal and Everton.
The 32-year-old is currently on a season-long loan at Rennes from AS Roma and has already made 23 appearances across all competitions.
Nzonzi has been on the radar of both Arsenal and Everton in the past and Foot Mercato recently claimed that they are back in the hunt for his signature.
However, it appears unlikely that the defensive midfielder has no plans of leaving Rennes this month while AS Roma can’t terminate the loan contract without his consent.
Hence, he is expected to stay put in the French top-flight for the rest of the season and his future will only be decided when he returns to the Stadio Olimpico in the summer.
The former Stoke City man will enter the final year of his Roma contract in July this year and the Serie A outfit are likely to consider his permanent exit to recoup some of the transfer fees spent on him.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Ligue 1’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees
- Manchester City agree €65m fee to sign Rennes winger Jeremy Doku
- Ligue 1 Season Preview 2023/24: PSG set to dominate again
- 2023-24 Ligue 1 season: PSG look to continue dominance by clinching 12th league title
- Mbappe stay ensures Neymar departure this summer
- Saudi Arabia confident about signing PSG star Lionel Messi
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Lens – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Rennes – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Paris Saint-Germain vs Bayern Munich Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Rennes vs Paris Saint-Germain Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups