France World Cup winner Steven Nzonzi is content with his temporary spell at Rennes amid the reported Premier interest from Arsenal and Everton.
The 32-year-old is currently on a season-long loan at Rennes from AS Roma and has already made 23 appearances across all competitions.
Nzonzi has been on the radar of both Arsenal and Everton in the past and Foot Mercato recently claimed that they are back in the hunt for his signature.
However, it appears unlikely that the defensive midfielder has no plans of leaving Rennes this month while AS Roma can’t terminate the loan contract without his consent.
Hence, he is expected to stay put in the French top-flight for the rest of the season and his future will only be decided when he returns to the Stadio Olimpico in the summer.
The former Stoke City man will enter the final year of his Roma contract in July this year and the Serie A outfit are likely to consider his permanent exit to recoup some of the transfer fees spent on him.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- PSG vs Lyon: Ligue 1 Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mauricio Pochettino stays coy on PSG’s interest in Paul Pogba
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services
- European Super league fails to get any French representation
- Ligue 1 race to the top will go down to the wire
- Ligue 1’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Neymar could sign new Paris Saint-Germain contract this week
- Mauricio Pochettino talks up summer move for Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos
- ‘It looks like the end’: André Villas-Boas expects to leave Marseille in June
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp pressing to sign Kylian Mbappe amid Real Madrid interest