Paris Saint-Germain are scheduled to host Bordeaux in tonight’s Ligue 1 encounter at Parc des Princes.
Les Parisiens recently suffered a 3-2 defeat to AS Monaco from two goals up and that ended their impressive league run of eight straight wins.
Still, Thomas Tuchel’s side continue to remain top of the standings with a two-point advantage and will be hoping to extend the lead tonight.
On the contrary, Bordeaux are languishing in the 12th spot and they are presently nine points adrift of the top of the table.
They were able to end their two-match losing streak last Friday where they picked up a 1-0 triumph over Rennes on the road.
Here are five key statistics ahead of the game.
Paris Saint-Germain and Bordeaux have met 102 times and the former have had the slight upper hand with 41 wins, 37 defeats and 24 draws. However, Les Parisiens have been the dominant side over the past decade and they have not suffered a loss against Les Girondins since March 2015.
Meanwhile, Les Parisiens are undefeated in 10 successive games against Bordeaux at Parc des Princes. It has been more than a decade since they were beaten by the visitors . They previously suffered a 2-1 home defeat to Bordeaux in October 2010.
There has been only one stalemate from the previous eight meetings between the sides. That came during the first half of the 2018/19 campaign where Bordeaux came twice from behind to register a 2-2 draw at the Nouveau Stade de Bordeaux.
Kylian Mbappe will become the sixth Paris Saint-Germain player to hit the 100-goal mark, should he find the back of the net against Jean-Louis Gasset’s men. Edinson Cavani is currently the all-time top scorer for Les Parisiens with 200 goals, but he is no longer contracted to them.
Talking about Cavani, he has been the most successful goalscorer for Les Parisiens against Bordeaux. He scored 12 goals from just 13 meetings across all competitions. No other player in the club’s history has managed to hit double figures versus Les Girondins.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Worldfootball.net
Latest Ligue 1 News
- PSG vs Lyon: Ligue 1 Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mauricio Pochettino stays coy on PSG’s interest in Paul Pogba
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services
- European Super league fails to get any French representation
- Ligue 1 race to the top will go down to the wire
- Ligue 1’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Neymar could sign new Paris Saint-Germain contract this week
- Mauricio Pochettino talks up summer move for Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos
- ‘It looks like the end’: André Villas-Boas expects to leave Marseille in June
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp pressing to sign Kylian Mbappe amid Real Madrid interest