Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe has said that he is thinking hard about whether or not to sign a new long-term deal with the French champions.
The 22-year-old joined the Ligue 1 holders from AS Monaco in the summer of 2017, initially on a season-long loan before they were obliged to buy him for a club-record £166m fee.
Over the past three and a half years, Mbappe has been exceptional for Les Parisiens and he has bagged a stunning tally of 106 goals and 59 assists from just 147 appearances across all competitions.
His consistent performances have grabbed the attention of Spanish champions Real Madrid and it has been widely reported that they could attempt to sign him in the summer.
Mbappe’s current deal with Les Parisiens expires in under 18 months’ time and when asked a possible extension, the Frenchman emphasised that he would not sign a new contract unless he is truly committed to the club.
There have been occasions in the past where a player has moved on within 12 months of signing a new long-term contract and Mbappe has insisted that he does not want to leave a similar example.
“I said I am also reflecting because if I sign it is to invest in the long term at Paris Saint-Germain. I am very happy here. I have always been very happy. If I had the answer today, I would give it today,” He told Telefoot via Sky Sports.
“It’s a genuine reflection because, for example, I don’t want to sign a contract and then one year later say I want to leave because I didn’t want to sign the contract. If I sign it is to stay. That’s why it prompts me to think.”
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Lyon mean business this summer as prodigal sons return home
- Paris Saint-Germain’s 2022/23 pre-season fixtures & more
- Ligue 1 Transfer News Latest – Lacazette Coming Home
- Rennes vs Marseille Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Paris Saint-Germain Transfer News Update & Marseille Preview
- Ligue 1 2021/2022 Race for Europe
- The 5 Best January 2022 Signings in Ligue 1
- Why Could Nice Upset PSG in Coupe de France?
- Ligue 1 Matchday 20: January 9, 2022 – 3 Talking Points
- Paris Saint-Germain Set Sights on Chelsea’s Rising Star Conor Gallagher