Paris Saint-Germain have received a triple injury boost ahead of tonight’s Ligue 1 encounter against AS Monaco on the road.
Les Parisiens started their Ligue 1 campaign on a sour note with back-to-back losses, but they have since registered eight wins on the bounce.
That has propelled them to the top of the standings with a five-point lead over Lille and they will be aiming to extend the advantage at Stade Louis II.
Prior to the international break, manager Thomas Tuchel was without both Neymar and Kylian Mbappe due to adductor and hamstring injuries respectively, but they have recovered in time to face Monaco.
Neymar and Mbappe were called up by Brazil and France respectively earlier this month, but the latter returned early after the medical staff adjudged that he won’t be fit to face either Venezuela or Uruguay.
Mbappe, on the other hand, made his comeback from the muscular problem with a cameo appearance against Sweden and both players are now in line to tackle Monaco on the road.
Unlike Mbappe, Neymar has just returned to training in the lead-up to the game and Tuchel in his press conference on Thursday acknowledged that he may be restricted to a cameo role.
Aside from the pair, Moise Kean has been included in the travelling squad for the game. The Italian suffered a muscle injury on international duty, but he has been passed fit to make the visiting squad.
Still, Les Parisiens have plenty of injury concerns to deal with. Marco Verratti, Mauro Icardi, Julian Draxler, Idrissa Gueye, Thilo Kehrer and Juan Bernat are ruled out of tonight’s clash.
Ander Herrera will be another absentee after picking up a knock to his calf during Thursday’s training session. Les Parisiens are unbeaten against AS Monaco in the previous seven league meetings with five wins and two draws.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Rennes vs Paris Saint-Germain Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Ligue 1 in December 2022: Fixtures & Restart Date
- France’s chances at the 2022 World Cup
- Marseille vs Lens Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Will PSG finally break their Champions League curse under Galtier?
- PSG v Nantes: Trophee des Champions Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Lyon mean business this summer as prodigal sons return home
- Paris Saint-Germain’s 2022/23 pre-season fixtures & more
- Ligue 1 Transfer News Latest – Lacazette Coming Home
- Rennes vs Marseille Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups