Nice have decided to cool their interest in signing Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard on a short-term loan deal.
The England international has been out-of-favour with the Red Devils this term and he has yet to make a Premier League appearance.
Earlier last week, Lingard’s representatives were said to have held talks with Nice regarding a temporary move for the 28-year-old.
However, there has not been any progress and club president Jean-Pierre Riviere recently said that no big-name signings may arrive this month.
According to Sky Sports News, Lingard could now remain with the Red Devils for the season with the club yet to give the go-ahead for a loan exit.
There has not been formal contact with any interested side and the playmaker may have to wait until the summer for a fresh challenge.
Manchester United are currently top of the league standings with 37 points, two ahead of arch-rivals Manchester City, who have a game in hand.
Nice, meanwhile, have experienced a dreadful campaign and they are languishing in the 14th spot with 23 points from 19 matches.
The south Coast outfit have won just one of the previous 10 Ligue 1 matches and have picked up only six points during this period.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Will PSG finally break their Champions League curse under Galtier?
- PSG v Nantes: Trophee des Champions Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Lyon mean business this summer as prodigal sons return home
- Paris Saint-Germain’s 2022/23 pre-season fixtures & more
- Ligue 1 Transfer News Latest – Lacazette Coming Home
- Rennes vs Marseille Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Paris Saint-Germain Transfer News Update & Marseille Preview
- Ligue 1 2021/2022 Race for Europe
- The 5 Best January 2022 Signings in Ligue 1
- Why Could Nice Upset PSG in Coupe de France?