Nice have decided to cool their interest in signing Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard on a short-term loan deal.
The England international has been out-of-favour with the Red Devils this term and he has yet to make a Premier League appearance.
Earlier last week, Lingard’s representatives were said to have held talks with Nice regarding a temporary move for the 28-year-old.
However, there has not been any progress and club president Jean-Pierre Riviere recently said that no big-name signings may arrive this month.
According to Sky Sports News, Lingard could now remain with the Red Devils for the season with the club yet to give the go-ahead for a loan exit.
There has not been formal contact with any interested side and the playmaker may have to wait until the summer for a fresh challenge.
Manchester United are currently top of the league standings with 37 points, two ahead of arch-rivals Manchester City, who have a game in hand.
Nice, meanwhile, have experienced a dreadful campaign and they are languishing in the 14th spot with 23 points from 19 matches.
The south Coast outfit have won just one of the previous 10 Ligue 1 matches and have picked up only six points during this period.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Mauricio Pochettino stays coy on PSG’s interest in Paul Pogba
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services
- European Super league fails to get any French representation
- Ligue 1 race to the top will go down to the wire
- Ligue 1’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Neymar could sign new Paris Saint-Germain contract this week
- Mauricio Pochettino talks up summer move for Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos
- ‘It looks like the end’: André Villas-Boas expects to leave Marseille in June
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp pressing to sign Kylian Mbappe amid Real Madrid interest
- Angel di Maria likely to continue in Europe, has no plans of returning to Rosario