Nice have entered negotiations with Barcelona over the potential signing of Jean-Clair Todibo, according to Gianluca di Marzio.
The 21-year-old was on the radar of Everton during the summer transfer window but ultimately, he made the move to Benfica on loan.
The former Toulouse man has experienced a tough time in Lisbon with only two appearances across all competitions.
Hence, his loan deal could be mutually terminated and it appears that he could return to the French top-flight with Nice this month.
The south coast outfit recently landed William Saliba on loan from Arsenal and Todibo could partner the teenager in the back three.
It is not specified whether Nice are looking into a temporary or permanent deal for Todibo, who has made just five appearances for Barcelona.
Todibo is valued at £10.8m as per Transfermarkt, and the Blaugrana may ideally prefer to offload him permanently.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- PSG vs Lyon: Ligue 1 Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mauricio Pochettino stays coy on PSG’s interest in Paul Pogba
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services
- European Super league fails to get any French representation
- Ligue 1 race to the top will go down to the wire
- Ligue 1’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Neymar could sign new Paris Saint-Germain contract this week
- Mauricio Pochettino talks up summer move for Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos
- ‘It looks like the end’: André Villas-Boas expects to leave Marseille in June
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp pressing to sign Kylian Mbappe amid Real Madrid interest