According to RMC Sport, Neymar is likely to be ruled out for the next three games after sustaining an adductor injury in the 2-0 Champions League win over Istanbul Basaksehir on the road.
The Brazil international sustained the problem after receiving a hard foul during the early phase of the encounter and that forced him off the field for medical attention.
However, he was unable to continue on his return to the playing field and eventually signalled to manager Thomas Tuchel to be substituted midway through the opening half.
It is now reported that Neymar is still struggling with the injury and he may be sidelined for the next three games meaning that he may not feature for Les Parisiens until after the international break.
Neymar has been hampered by injuries during his three-and-a-half years at Les Parisiens and he has already missed 65 matches across all competitions for the French champions.
The latest setback only appears a minor one for the former Barcelona star and it will be interesting to see whether he features for Brazil during the November international break.
The Copa America champions have World Cup qualifiers against Venezuela and Uruguay. They have already been hampered with both Fabinho and Philippe Coutinho out of the squad due to injuries.
Les Parisiens would not want their talisman to take part in those games unless he is 100 percent fit and the next few days should give a clear idea whether Neymar will join the national team or not.
Thomas Tuchel’s side started the season with back-to-back losses in Ligue 1, but they have since redeemed themselves with six straight league triumphs. They are top of the table ahead of Lille on goal difference.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- PSG vs Lyon: Ligue 1 Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mauricio Pochettino stays coy on PSG’s interest in Paul Pogba
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services
- European Super league fails to get any French representation
- Ligue 1 race to the top will go down to the wire
- Ligue 1’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Neymar could sign new Paris Saint-Germain contract this week
- Mauricio Pochettino talks up summer move for Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos
- ‘It looks like the end’: André Villas-Boas expects to leave Marseille in June
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp pressing to sign Kylian Mbappe amid Real Madrid interest