Brazilian star Neymar is close to signing a new contract with Paris Saint-Germain, according to TNT Sports Brasil reporter Marcelo Bechler.
The 28-year-old’s current deal with the French champions expires in the summer of 2022, but he has previously talked up the prospect of staying with the club for the long-term.
It is now revealed that the former Barcelona attacker is close to agreeing terms with the reigning French champions and he could commit to a new four-year contract later this week.
Neymar has been contracted to Les Parisiens since the summer of 2017 when he arrived from the Blaugrana for a world-record fee of around 198 million pounds.
He has suffered a number of injuries which have reduced his playing time. Still, he has excelled with 83 goals and 46 assists from just 101 appearances in all competitions.
Les Parisiens are currently unsure regarding the future of Kylian Mbappe whose contract expires in June 2022 as well and extending Neymar’s stay will be a huge boost for them.
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services
- European Super league fails to get any French representation
- Ligue 1 race to the top will go down to the wire
- Ligue 1’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Neymar could sign new Paris Saint-Germain contract this week
- Mauricio Pochettino talks up summer move for Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos
- ‘It looks like the end’: André Villas-Boas expects to leave Marseille in June
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp pressing to sign Kylian Mbappe amid Real Madrid interest
- Angel di Maria likely to continue in Europe, has no plans of returning to Rosario
- Nice enter talks to sign Barcelona’s Jean-Clair Todibo