Brazilian star Neymar is close to signing a new contract with Paris Saint-Germain, according to TNT Sports Brasil reporter Marcelo Bechler.
The 28-year-old’s current deal with the French champions expires in the summer of 2022, but he has previously talked up the prospect of staying with the club for the long-term.
It is now revealed that the former Barcelona attacker is close to agreeing terms with the reigning French champions and he could commit to a new four-year contract later this week.
Neymar has been contracted to Les Parisiens since the summer of 2017 when he arrived from the Blaugrana for a world-record fee of around 198 million pounds.
He has suffered a number of injuries which have reduced his playing time. Still, he has excelled with 83 goals and 46 assists from just 101 appearances in all competitions.
Les Parisiens are currently unsure regarding the future of Kylian Mbappe whose contract expires in June 2022 as well and extending Neymar’s stay will be a huge boost for them.
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Ligue 1’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees
- Manchester City agree €65m fee to sign Rennes winger Jeremy Doku
- Ligue 1 Season Preview 2023/24: PSG set to dominate again
- 2023-24 Ligue 1 season: PSG look to continue dominance by clinching 12th league title
- Mbappe stay ensures Neymar departure this summer
- Saudi Arabia confident about signing PSG star Lionel Messi
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Lens – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Rennes – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Paris Saint-Germain vs Bayern Munich Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Rennes vs Paris Saint-Germain Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups