Neymar has been deemed an injury doubt for Paris Saint-Germain’s Ligue 1 clash against Angers before the international break, a report from L’Equipe claims.
The Brazil international made his comeback to the playing field against Reims on Sunday after serving a two-match suspension for the red card against Marseille.
The 28-year-old showed some discomfort during the course of the game, but he still managed to play through the entire 90 minutes of the contest which Les Parisiens won 2-0.
Following the game, manager Thomas Tuchel acknowledged that Neymar suffered a knock to his calf and it is now reported that he is uncertain for Friday night’s visit of Angers.
Neymar’s absence would be a blow for Les Parisiens, who are expected to be without Angel di Maria for the next four matches after the suspension levied by the Ligue de Football Professionnel.
The Argentine has been banned for allegedly spitting at Olympique de Marseille defender Alvaro Gonzalez during the massive brawl in Le Classique earlier this month.
As many as five players including Neymar and Layvin Kurzawa were sent off and Di Maria has now received a retrospective ban which becomes active from September 29.
Les Parisiens started their campaign with back-to-back losses in Ligue 1, but they have sorted themselves with three victories on the bounce. Tuchel’s side are currently four points off the top of the standings.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Rennes vs Marseille Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Paris Saint-Germain Transfer News Update & Marseille Preview
- Ligue 1 2021/2022 Race for Europe
- The 5 Best January 2022 Signings in Ligue 1
- Why Could Nice Upset PSG in Coupe de France?
- Ligue 1 Matchday 20: January 9, 2022 – 3 Talking Points
- Paris Saint-Germain Set Sights on Chelsea’s Rising Star Conor Gallagher
- PSG vs Lyon: Ligue 1 Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mauricio Pochettino stays coy on PSG’s interest in Paul Pogba
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services