Brazil international Neymar is aiming to make his injury comeback when Paris Saint-Germain face AS Monaco on the road on Friday night.
The attacker has been sidelined with an adductor problem since the final week of October, but he was still picked by Tite for the World Cup qualifiers this month.
The 27-year-old missed the clash against Venezuela because of the injury and he has since been allowed to return to Paris with the coaching staff acknowledging that he won’t be fit enough to face Uruguay.
Les Parisiens are scheduled to return to Ligue 1 action on Friday night when they face Monaco at Stade Louis II and Le Parisien claims that Neymar could take part in the encounter.
With a key Champions League clash against RB Leipzig to follow, manager Thomas Tuchel would not want to rush the forward back to action and it is reported that Neymar may only make a cameo appearance off the bench.
Meanwhile, Mauro Icardi and Marco Verratti should also be available for Tuchel after returning to full training during the international break after their respective injuries.
Pablo Sarabia (muscular) and Kylian Mbappe (hamstring) are also likely to make their comebacks, but the game could come too early for Idrissa Gueye (hamstring) and Moise Keane (right knee).
Les Parisiens started the Ligue 1 season in a poor fashion with back-to-back defeats, but they have since registered eight victories on the bounce and are five points clear of second-placed Lille.
The club have been hampered by numerous injury concerns this term, but Tuchel will be hoping to pick his strongest team possible for the Champions League group stage clash versus Leipzig on November 24.
The French champions face a must-win situation, considering they are already trailing Leipzig and Manchester United by three points and are also behind on the head-to-head record after losing against both.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Rennes vs Marseille Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Paris Saint-Germain Transfer News Update & Marseille Preview
- Ligue 1 2021/2022 Race for Europe
- The 5 Best January 2022 Signings in Ligue 1
- Why Could Nice Upset PSG in Coupe de France?
- Ligue 1 Matchday 20: January 9, 2022 – 3 Talking Points
- Paris Saint-Germain Set Sights on Chelsea’s Rising Star Conor Gallagher
- PSG vs Lyon: Ligue 1 Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mauricio Pochettino stays coy on PSG’s interest in Paul Pogba
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services