Lyon captain Memphis Depay has refused to rule out a potential move away from the French outfit amid the reported interest from Barcelona.
The Netherlands international has been with Les Gones since the summer of 2017 when he made the switch from Manchester United and he has been a fundamental figure with 57 goals and 43 assists from just 139 outings.
The club started off their 2020/21 Ligue 1 campaign in style with a 4-1 humbling of Dijon and Depay was the standout performer with a sublime hat-trick before he was substituted in the 71st minute.
Speaking after the game, Depay admitted that he does not know whether he will do the full season with Les Gones, who are not playing in Europe this term.
“I do not see the future, I do not know if I will do the full season here. I have been here for four years, I became captain. After you have to look at your career, there is no Champions League. At the moment I don’t know,” He told Goal.com.
According to OK Diario, Depay is attracting interest from Barcelona head coach Ronald Koeman, who is planning to reinforce the club’s attack after taking charge earlier this month.
Koeman managed Depay for a couple of seasons at the international level and there are suggestions that the Blaugrana could offer Ivan Rakitic or Luis Suarez as a makeweight for him to be reunited with the attacker.
The Blaugrana had a 2019/2020 campaign to forget as they went trophyless for the first time in 12 years. Still, the season will unfortunately be remembered for the 8-2 humiliation at the hands of Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-final.
A number of first-team stars are likely to be shown the exit door after the result and it has recently come as a huge surprise that Lionel Messi has placed a transfer request to part ways with the Blaugrana.
The six-time Ballon d’Or winner has sought to end his 19-year association with the Catalan giants as they prepare to go into a potential period of transition under new boss Koeman.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Mauricio Pochettino stays coy on PSG’s interest in Paul Pogba
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services
- European Super league fails to get any French representation
- Ligue 1 race to the top will go down to the wire
- Ligue 1’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Neymar could sign new Paris Saint-Germain contract this week
- Mauricio Pochettino talks up summer move for Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos
- ‘It looks like the end’: André Villas-Boas expects to leave Marseille in June
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp pressing to sign Kylian Mbappe amid Real Madrid interest
- Angel di Maria likely to continue in Europe, has no plans of returning to Rosario