Kylian Mbappe has confirmed he will stay at Paris Saint-Germain for the 2023-24 season amid interest from Real Madrid.
Los Blancos are set to lose Karim Benzema this summer but they will likely not be able to sign the 24-year-old who is PSG’s top scorer this season.
The World Cup winner penned a new three-year contract at the Parc des Princes in May last year. But the speculation has continued regarding the Frenchman’s future in Paris.
However, Mbappe recently confirmed himself that he will not be leaving the Parisians in 2023.
The club’s all-time top goalscorer’s stay in Paris will likely ensure the departure of Neymar during the summer transfer window.
The two players haven’t had a great relationship with each other in recent years.
The forwards clashed in August last year when Neymar prevented Mbappe from taking a penalty in a match against Montpellier.
The Brazilian later also liked a social media post criticising Mbappe for missing his spot-kick.
The feud between the two appeared to have resurfaced recently with Neymar’s Twitter account liking a post suggesting he and Lionel Messi were happier when they played together at Barcelona, as per L’Equipe.
The 31-year-old currently is under contract at the Parc des Princes until 2025. But he is being linked with a move to the Premier League this summer with Manchester United and Chelsea keen on him.
As per Foot Mercato, the Brazil international prefers a move to Old Trafford rather than Stamford Bridge.
But it remains to be seen whether any of the two English clubs come up with a concrete offer that will be acceptable to PSG.
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Real Sociedad – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Ligue 1 exodus to continue in 2024 with Mbappe first of many
- Preview: Lille vs Paris Saint-Germain – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- France’s fixtures in the international break
- Ligue 1’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees
- Manchester City agree €65m fee to sign Rennes winger Jeremy Doku
- Ligue 1 Season Preview 2023/24: PSG set to dominate again
- 2023-24 Ligue 1 season: PSG look to continue dominance by clinching 12th league title
- Mbappe stay ensures Neymar departure this summer
- Saudi Arabia confident about signing PSG star Lionel Messi