Paris Saint-Germain manager Mauricio Pochettino has hinted that he would be interested in signing Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos during the summer.
The Spain international has been in contract negotiations with Los Blancos for a number of months, but the club have failed to convince him to extend his current deal which expires in June.
Ramos wants a multi-year contract with a pay-rise, but Los Blancos seem reluctant to hand him more than a 12-month extension on his current wages amid the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
It was recently reported that Les Parisiens have offered Ramos with a bumper three-year contract offer which Los Blancos are unlikely to match and Pochettino has now welcomed the prospect of signing the centre-back.
“PSG’s strategy has been the same for years, like when we signed Ronaldinho. We see the market opportunities and bring in those who can improve on what we have. We’ll see in the coming months. Here, Ramos would find a great club with the obsession of always winning. PSG are one of the greats in the world,” He told Marca.
Les Parisiens parted ways with Thiago Silva after eight seasons last summer and they were unable to find a suitable replacement with a similar level of match experience.
Ramos is approaching his 35th birthday, but he is still one of the best in the business. Earlier this season, he bagged his 100th goal in the colours of Real Madrid, where he has been contracted since September 2005.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Rennes – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Paris Saint-Germain vs Bayern Munich Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Rennes vs Paris Saint-Germain Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Ligue 1 in December 2022: Fixtures & Restart Date
- France’s chances at the 2022 World Cup
- Marseille vs Lens Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Will PSG finally break their Champions League curse under Galtier?
- PSG v Nantes: Trophee des Champions Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Lyon mean business this summer as prodigal sons return home
- Paris Saint-Germain’s 2022/23 pre-season fixtures & more