Paris Saint-Germain manager Mauricio Pochettino has hinted that he would be interested in signing Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos during the summer.
The Spain international has been in contract negotiations with Los Blancos for a number of months, but the club have failed to convince him to extend his current deal which expires in June.
Ramos wants a multi-year contract with a pay-rise, but Los Blancos seem reluctant to hand him more than a 12-month extension on his current wages amid the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
It was recently reported that Les Parisiens have offered Ramos with a bumper three-year contract offer which Los Blancos are unlikely to match and Pochettino has now welcomed the prospect of signing the centre-back.
“PSG’s strategy has been the same for years, like when we signed Ronaldinho. We see the market opportunities and bring in those who can improve on what we have. We’ll see in the coming months. Here, Ramos would find a great club with the obsession of always winning. PSG are one of the greats in the world,” He told Marca.
Les Parisiens parted ways with Thiago Silva after eight seasons last summer and they were unable to find a suitable replacement with a similar level of match experience.
Ramos is approaching his 35th birthday, but he is still one of the best in the business. Earlier this season, he bagged his 100th goal in the colours of Real Madrid, where he has been contracted since September 2005.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services
- European Super league fails to get any French representation
- Ligue 1 race to the top will go down to the wire
- Ligue 1’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Neymar could sign new Paris Saint-Germain contract this week
- Mauricio Pochettino talks up summer move for Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos
- ‘It looks like the end’: André Villas-Boas expects to leave Marseille in June
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp pressing to sign Kylian Mbappe amid Real Madrid interest
- Angel di Maria likely to continue in Europe, has no plans of returning to Rosario
- Nice enter talks to sign Barcelona’s Jean-Clair Todibo