According to L’Equipe, Massimiliano Allegri would be keen on becoming the head coach of Paris Saint-Germain, should the position become vacant during the summer.
The 52-year-old ended his association with Juventus after five seasons last summer and he has since been on a year-long sabbatical away from the game.
Still, he has continued to be linked with top European clubs every now and then and L’Equipe claims that he would be interested in taking charge of the French champions.
Thomas Tuchel has another 12 months remaining on his contract with Les Parisiens, but there has been plenty of speculation whether he would remain at the helm next season.
In a recent interview with Le Journal du Dimanche, Leonardo said that Tuchel will ‘remain on the bench’ next term and it will be interesting to see whether there is any change of stance.
Les Parisiens have already won the league title under Tuchel this season and they could secure a domestic treble, if they manage to beat Saint-Etienne and Lyon in the Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue finals this month.
Still, the Champions League should be regarded as the main target for the Paris giants after having qualified for the quarter-final stage for the first time in four seasons.
The elite competition is set to recommence next month and UEFA have confirmed that the quarter-final and semi-final games will be one-legged ties, which will be played in Lisbon in the wake of the COVID-19 threat.
That may favour Les Parisiens in the quest for their maiden Champions League title. However, another unsuccessful attempt for the European crown could lead to Tuchel’s exit with Allegri waiting in the wings.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Mauricio Pochettino stays coy on PSG’s interest in Paul Pogba
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services
- European Super league fails to get any French representation
- Ligue 1 race to the top will go down to the wire
- Ligue 1’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Neymar could sign new Paris Saint-Germain contract this week
- Mauricio Pochettino talks up summer move for Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos
- ‘It looks like the end’: André Villas-Boas expects to leave Marseille in June
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp pressing to sign Kylian Mbappe amid Real Madrid interest
- Angel di Maria likely to continue in Europe, has no plans of returning to Rosario