Manchester United are reportedly ‘very serious’ about the prospect of signing RC Lens centre-back Facundo Medina during the ongoing transfer window.
The Red Devils currently have sufficient central defensive options in their ranks with the presence of Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, Eric Bailly, Axel Tuanzebe, Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo.
Jones and Rojo are expected to leave the club in the near future and it appears that the Red Devils are looking into the long-term with a move for Medina, who only arrived from Argentine outfit CA Talleres last summer.
The 21-year-old was a regular at the start of the 2020/21 Ligue 1 campaign as Lens were in and around the European places, but has barely played since December with his knee problems.
Still, United are understood to rate him highly and LA Voix du Nord claims that the club are prepared to move quickly and offer £10.9m to land his signature this month.
While a deal appears slim at the moment, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are prepared to tempt Lens by allowing them to loan back the defender for the rest of the campaign.
United have signed some quality young talent this season with Facundo Pellistri and Amad Diallo being the most notable faces. The latter recently joined from Atalanta BC after receiving his work permit.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Mauricio Pochettino stays coy on PSG’s interest in Paul Pogba
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services
- European Super league fails to get any French representation
- Ligue 1 race to the top will go down to the wire
- Ligue 1’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Neymar could sign new Paris Saint-Germain contract this week
- Mauricio Pochettino talks up summer move for Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos
- ‘It looks like the end’: André Villas-Boas expects to leave Marseille in June
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp pressing to sign Kylian Mbappe amid Real Madrid interest
- Angel di Maria likely to continue in Europe, has no plans of returning to Rosario