Manchester United are reportedly ‘very serious’ about the prospect of signing RC Lens centre-back Facundo Medina during the ongoing transfer window.
The Red Devils currently have sufficient central defensive options in their ranks with the presence of Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, Eric Bailly, Axel Tuanzebe, Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo.
Jones and Rojo are expected to leave the club in the near future and it appears that the Red Devils are looking into the long-term with a move for Medina, who only arrived from Argentine outfit CA Talleres last summer.
The 21-year-old was a regular at the start of the 2020/21 Ligue 1 campaign as Lens were in and around the European places, but has barely played since December with his knee problems.
Still, United are understood to rate him highly and LA Voix du Nord claims that the club are prepared to move quickly and offer £10.9m to land his signature this month.
While a deal appears slim at the moment, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are prepared to tempt Lens by allowing them to loan back the defender for the rest of the campaign.
United have signed some quality young talent this season with Facundo Pellistri and Amad Diallo being the most notable faces. The latter recently joined from Atalanta BC after receiving his work permit.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Will PSG finally break their Champions League curse under Galtier?
- PSG v Nantes: Trophee des Champions Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Lyon mean business this summer as prodigal sons return home
- Paris Saint-Germain’s 2022/23 pre-season fixtures & more
- Ligue 1 Transfer News Latest – Lacazette Coming Home
- Rennes vs Marseille Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Paris Saint-Germain Transfer News Update & Marseille Preview
- Ligue 1 2021/2022 Race for Europe
- The 5 Best January 2022 Signings in Ligue 1
- Why Could Nice Upset PSG in Coupe de France?