Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has reportedly made contact with the entourage of Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe in order to convince the forward to join the Reds ahead of Real Madrid this summer.
The France international will enter the final year of his contract with Les Parisiens in July and he has recently insisted that he won’t sign an extension unless he is committed to the club for the long-term.
Madrid are known as long-term admirers of the 22-year-old and they are understood to be planning to sign him as part of the spending spree during the 2021 summer transfer window.
However, it appears that the Reds could offer stiff competition in the player’s pursuit with Canal + show Late Football Club via GFFN claiming that Klopp has already communicated with the player’s entourage.
Mbappe has openly stated in the past that manager Zinedine Zidane was his idol growing up. He should be tempted by the opportunity of playing under the 1998 World Cup winner at the Bernabeu.
Hence, it is unclear whether he will consider a move to the English champions. He can emerge as the standout marquee player with the switch to Anfield, but the Reds may face a tough task of convincing him, suppose they are in a bidding battle with Los Blancos.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Mauricio Pochettino stays coy on PSG’s interest in Paul Pogba
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services
- European Super league fails to get any French representation
- Ligue 1 race to the top will go down to the wire
- Ligue 1’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Neymar could sign new Paris Saint-Germain contract this week
- Mauricio Pochettino talks up summer move for Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos
- ‘It looks like the end’: André Villas-Boas expects to leave Marseille in June
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp pressing to sign Kylian Mbappe amid Real Madrid interest
- Angel di Maria likely to continue in Europe, has no plans of returning to Rosario