According to La Voix du Nord, Lille have three offers on the table for Gabriel Magalhaes and the defender is expected to make a decision on his future in the coming days.
The centre-back has been given the permission to leave the club during this summer’s transfer window and he appears to be the subject of interest from three European sides.
Everton have obviously been following him since the beginning of the year and they seemed close to securing a transfer agreement before the untimely coronavirus outbreak scuppered the deal.
They continue to hold an interest in the centre-back, but they are set to face competition from Napoli and Manchester United. All three clubs have shown the willingness to offer £27m plus add-ons and it is now up to the defender to choose his next team.
Carlo Ancelotti’s side were the first club to have initiated transfer negotiations for the Brazil youth international, but the lack of European football could hamper their prospects of signing him.
Napoli are guaranteed their place in the Europa League by virtue of their Coppa Italia success and a move to Naples could see Gabriel reunited with striker Victor Osimhen, who recently made the switch away from Les Dogues.
United, on the other hand, will offer Gabriel a second successive campaign in the Champions League and that is certainly a tempting option. Ultimately, it could come to which side is prepared to guarantee him a regular starting berth at the heart of the defence.
Gabriel was recruited from Brazilian outfit Avai for just £2.7m in 2017. after a couple of unfruitful loan spells at Troyes and Dinamo Zagreb, he became a regular starter for Lille during the backend of the 2018/2019 season as they secured Champions League football.
The 22-year-old has made 52 appearances for the French outfit to date. Lille have recently cashed in on their prized assets for significant profits and they appear on course to sanction Gabriel’s exit. Ajax youngster Sven Botman has been signed as the replacement in a deal worth £7.2m.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- PSG vs Lyon: Ligue 1 Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mauricio Pochettino stays coy on PSG’s interest in Paul Pogba
- Camavinga’s agent comments on growing interest in midfielder’s services
- European Super league fails to get any French representation
- Ligue 1 race to the top will go down to the wire
- Ligue 1’s Top 5 Players Since January 2021
- Neymar could sign new Paris Saint-Germain contract this week
- Mauricio Pochettino talks up summer move for Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos
- ‘It looks like the end’: André Villas-Boas expects to leave Marseille in June
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp pressing to sign Kylian Mbappe amid Real Madrid interest