Lionel Messi and Neymar were the two biggest stars who left Ligue 1 last summer, with the Ballon d’Or winner joining Inter Miami and his Brazilian teammate heading to the Saudi Pro League.
But the exodus is set to continue in the new year, with Ligue 1 transfer rumours suggesting huge interest from top European clubs for their best talents.
Paris Saint-Germain have been desperate to keep Kylian Mbappe at the Parc des Princes as they have reportedly offered a mouthwatering new contract worth £86.15 million per season.
But it is very unlikely he will sign an extension as he looks intent on joining La Liga giants Real Madrid in the summer.
Mbappe has scored over 230 goals in 285 appearances across all competitions for the Parisians, but despite his excellent goalscoring feats, he is not likely to win the Champions League trophy with PSG.
The Ligue 1 outfit will offer him more money, but that will likely not convince him to extend his stay.
He has just turned 18 but has already made 39 senior appearances for Lille, scoring three goals.
The centre-back has also played a key role in helping the Mastiffs keep 13 clean sheets across his 20 starts this season.
Real Madrid reportedly sent scouts to watch the youngster and were hugely impressed with him.
However, Los Blancos face huge competition from Premier League giants Manchester United and Liverpool.
Yoro’s contract at Lille will expire in June 2025, and so he will most likely leave the Ligue 1 side in the summer.
Facundo Medina has been earning rave reviews with his performances in France in the last few years.
The 24-year-old started 32 league matches last term as RC Lens narrowly missed out on the Ligue 1 title to PSG.
He has also made a strong start this season, featuring in 16 league games and scoring a goal.
Medina has a contract at Lens until 2026 but clubs can activate his €25 million release clause to sign him.
Manchester United have been credited with an interest, with the English giants looking to add a new centre-back after injuries to Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof.
But United may find competition for the 24-year-old’s signature as Brighton & Hove Albion, Inter Milan, and Juventus are also said to be keen on him.
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Real Sociedad – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Ligue 1 exodus to continue in 2024 with Mbappe first of many
- Preview: Lille vs Paris Saint-Germain – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- France’s fixtures in the international break
- Ligue 1’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees
- Manchester City agree €65m fee to sign Rennes winger Jeremy Doku
- Ligue 1 Season Preview 2023/24: PSG set to dominate again
- 2023-24 Ligue 1 season: PSG look to continue dominance by clinching 12th league title
- Mbappe stay ensures Neymar departure this summer
- Saudi Arabia confident about signing PSG star Lionel Messi