French forward Kylian Mbappe has said that he has no plans of parting ways with Paris Saint-Germain and will continue with the club for the fourth year running.
The 21-year-old has been a terrific signing for Les Parisiens since his move from AS Monaco in the summer of 2017, initially on a season-long loan agreement.
In his 120 appearances, he has registered a tally of 90 goals and 49 assists across all competitions and has already won seven major trophies including three successive Ligue 1 titles.
With less than two years remaining on his contract, there has been the potential talk of him making the move to Real Madrid, but he has now committed his future to Les Parisiens for another season.
“It means that I am here and that I am in the project for a fourth year. The 50 years of the club is an important year for the club, the supporters, everyone. I will be there no matter what and I will try to bring back trophies with the team and do all I can to give the best of myself,” He told BEIN Sports.
With the financial impact of the coronavirus shutdown, it was always unlikely that any club would be able to afford Mbappe this summer and his assurance to Les Parisiens should end any speculation in the media.
Mbappe was recently in action for the Ligue 1 champions against Celtic in a friendly game where they ran out comfortable 4-0 winners. He scored after just 52 seconds on the clock.
The Frenchman is now expected to feature in the Coupe de France final against Saint-Etienne on Friday before facing Lyon in the last ever Coupe de la Ligue final, exactly a week later.
Following the Cup finals, the Paris giants will shift their focus to Champions League football. They have been drawn against Atalanta in the quarter-final which will be a knockout game in Lisbon on August 12.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Lyon mean business this summer as prodigal sons return home
- Paris Saint-Germain’s 2022/23 pre-season fixtures & more
- Ligue 1 Transfer News Latest – Lacazette Coming Home
- Rennes vs Marseille Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Paris Saint-Germain Transfer News Update & Marseille Preview
- Ligue 1 2021/2022 Race for Europe
- The 5 Best January 2022 Signings in Ligue 1
- Why Could Nice Upset PSG in Coupe de France?
- Ligue 1 Matchday 20: January 9, 2022 – 3 Talking Points
- Paris Saint-Germain Set Sights on Chelsea’s Rising Star Conor Gallagher