Premier League side Arsenal have received a potential transfer blow with Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar understood to favour a summer move to either Barcelona or Real Madrid, ESPN reports.
The Frenchman was one of the Gunners top targets during last summer’s transfer window, but they could not afford him as their €35m bid fell short of Les Gones’ €60m price tag.
The north London club have continued to be linked with the playmaker, but ESPN claims that Aouar may prefer a move to either Barcelona or Real Madrid ahead of the Premier League outfit.
Aouar is still open to the prospect of joining the Gunners, but he is looking forward to see whether Barcelona or Real Madrid make an attempt to sign him, having extensively scouted him over the past year.
The 22-year-old has registered three goals and three assists from 16 appearances for Les Gones this term. The club have no ambition to sell him this month as they are in the hunt for the Ligue 1 title.
Les Gones recently suffered their first defeat after 16 league games and that saw them surrender the top position. They are still only two points behind leaders Paris Saint-Germain in the pursuit of their first league title since the 2007/08 season.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Rennes – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Paris Saint-Germain vs Bayern Munich Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Rennes vs Paris Saint-Germain Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Ligue 1 in December 2022: Fixtures & Restart Date
- France’s chances at the 2022 World Cup
- Marseille vs Lens Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Will PSG finally break their Champions League curse under Galtier?
- PSG v Nantes: Trophee des Champions Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Lyon mean business this summer as prodigal sons return home
- Paris Saint-Germain’s 2022/23 pre-season fixtures & more