The agent of Serhou Guirassy has confirmed that the French striker would prefer a move to the Premier League when the transfer window reopens during the summer.
The 24-year-old made the move to Amiens from German side Koln last summer and he was able to score nine goals from 23 Ligue 1 appearances before the season was called off due to the coronavirus pandemic.
As a result, Amiens were relegated from the French top-flight after falling four points adrift of safety and they are now likely to part ways with Guirassy to boost their financial situation.
Earlier last month, West Ham United and Bournemouth were credited with an interest in the striker but they are now set to face stiff competition with London giants Arsenal entering the fray, as per The Mail.
In a recent interview relayed by The Mirror, Guirassy’s representative Mark Mckay admitted that the Frenchman could be available for a knockdown price this summer with the financial impact of the COVID-19 outbreak.
He added that his client has the preference of playing in the English top-flight next term but the eventual decision would be taken by Amiens after evaluating the offers which come their way.
“In the current climate due to the impact of the pandemic, clubs might not be able to pay huge transfer fees like they used to and in that respect Serhou could prove to be a bargain in this window,” He told.
“Serhou’s preference has always been to play in the English Premier League, but Amiens will evaluate all offers that come in for him and make a decision from there.”
Guirassy has not been a regular scoring threat during his career and his tally of nine goals in the current season remains his best effort in a single campaign for any club he has played for.
Still, he has caught the eye with his presence in the final third and he was among the top 10 players in terms of the aerial duels won per game (4.2) in the recently-concluded league season.
As such, he could prove a valuable rotation player for a Premier League outfit. Amiens could be prepared to sell him for around £10m. They would still make a profit on the striker, who was purchased for half that figure from Koln last year.
Stats from Whoscored.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Ligue 1’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees
- Manchester City agree €65m fee to sign Rennes winger Jeremy Doku
- Ligue 1 Season Preview 2023/24: PSG set to dominate again
- 2023-24 Ligue 1 season: PSG look to continue dominance by clinching 12th league title
- Mbappe stay ensures Neymar departure this summer
- Saudi Arabia confident about signing PSG star Lionel Messi
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Lens – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Rennes – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Paris Saint-Germain vs Bayern Munich Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Rennes vs Paris Saint-Germain Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups