France came very close to defending their World Cup title when they made it to the final in Qatar last year. But despite a spectacular effort from Kylian Mbappe, they went on to lose the important game on penalties in the end.
Since that disappointing defeat, Didier Deschamps’ men have been almost impeccable with their performances. They have won all six of their Euro qualifiers to confirm they will finish as the group winners.
Les Bleus will now be looking to maintain their 100 percent record by winning November’s two fixtures, available to watch via the football streams.
France haven’t been the most ruthless attacking unit, scoring just 13 goals in their six games. But they boast one of the best defences as they have conceded just once so far.
France’s fixtures in the international break
The 2018 World Cup winners will play host to Gibraltar at the Allianz Riviera on Saturday, November 18th. .
Los Llanis are currently one of the only few teams without a point to their name. They lost 4-0 to Wales in October, when Kieffer Moore netted a brace while Ben Davies and Nathan Broadhead also made it to the scoresheet.
Julio Cesar Ribas and his team also slumped to a 4-0 defeat when they came up against Ireland in their most recent match.
France shouldn’t have much trouble winning against Gibraltar, but the same thing cannot be said about Greece, who they will face on Tuesday, November 21st.
Gus Poyet’s side are currently occupying the third place in Group B but share the same points as the Netherlands.
Greece beat Ireland last month but succumbed to a narrow 1-0 home defeat to the Netherlands, a team they are competing against for the second spot in Group B.
Les Bleus are expected to face a tough competition when they visit Agia Sophia Stadium later this month.
Latest Ligue 1 News
- France’s fixtures in the international break
- Ligue 1’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees
- Manchester City agree €65m fee to sign Rennes winger Jeremy Doku
- Ligue 1 Season Preview 2023/24: PSG set to dominate again
- 2023-24 Ligue 1 season: PSG look to continue dominance by clinching 12th league title
- Mbappe stay ensures Neymar departure this summer
- Saudi Arabia confident about signing PSG star Lionel Messi
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Lens – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs Rennes – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Paris Saint-Germain vs Bayern Munich Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups