France won the 2018 World Cup after defeating Croatia 4-2 in the final at the Luzhniki Stadium. They will now head to Qatar with high hopes of retaining the title.
However, their recent performances haven’t been very encouraging with Les Bleus winning just one of their last six matches. They narrowly managed to avoid relegation from the Nations League after losing three of their six matches.
Despite their recent struggles, Didier Deschamps’ side are still regarded as one of the top favourites to win the World Cup trophy.
Les Bleus have been drawn in World Cup 2022 Group D alongside Australia, Denmark and Tunisia, which is almost a copy of their group in the 2018 World Cup.
Deschamps will be forced to make a few changes to his team with N’Golo Kante and Paul Pogba both missing out through injuries. Karim Benzema has also been ruled out of the World Cup due to fitness issues. However, the French boss still has an abundance of talented players in his squad.
Kylian Mbappe is considered as one of the best players in the world. The 23-year-old is known for his goalscoring prowess, exceptional speed and dribbling skills. He has earned 60 caps for Les Bleus after earning his senior debut when he was only 18-years-old. Ousmane Dembele is another big name in the world of football who is praised for his versatility, speed, technical ability and agility. The 25-year-old has made 170 appearances across all competitions at Barcelona so far, with 37 goals to his name. He is also enjoying an impressive form this season, with the winger contributing five goals and a number of assists for Xavi’s side.
Les Bleus also boast the likes of Aurelien Tchouameni, Adrien Rabiot, Antoine Griezmann and Hugo Lloris. There is no dearth of quality in their squad but they should comfortably proceed to the knockouts.
France are one of the top favourites and will definitely give all the other teams a very tough challenge for the 2022 World Cup trophy.
Latest Ligue 1 News
- France’s chances at the 2022 World Cup
- Marseille vs Lens Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Will PSG finally break their Champions League curse under Galtier?
- PSG v Nantes: Trophee des Champions Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Lyon mean business this summer as prodigal sons return home
- Paris Saint-Germain’s 2022/23 pre-season fixtures & more
- Ligue 1 Transfer News Latest – Lacazette Coming Home
- Rennes vs Marseille Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Paris Saint-Germain Transfer News Update & Marseille Preview
- Ligue 1 2021/2022 Race for Europe