In an interview with L’Equipe, Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva has talked up the possibility of Kylian Mbappe making the move to the Cityzens in the coming years.
Silva and Mbappe played together for two seasons at AS Monaco between 2015 and 2017, the second of which saw them guide the club to the Ligue 1 title for the first time in 17 years while outclassing Paris Saint-Germain.
Elsewhere, the Principality outfit also made it to the last four of the 2016/17 Champions League campaign after beating the likes of Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund in the previous knock-out rounds.
Silva and Mbappe have since moved to Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain respectively where they have established himself as key players and the former has talked up the prospect of a reunion.
Speaking to L’Equipe, the Portugal international said that he has a close relationship with Mbappe and would like to play alongside him at City in the future, he told: “He was already a special player for Monaco when I was there and he’s also a friend. If we could buy him, that wouldn’t be bad.”
Mbappe has made 130 appearances over the past three years for the French champions where he has registered a stunning tally of 96 goals and 55 assists across all competitions.
A move away from Parc des Princes has been talked up over the past 12 months and Liverpool and Real Madrid are reported to be monitoring his situation as he has yet to renew his contract beyond June 2022.
Pep Guardiola’s side have not been mentioned as potential candidates to land the former Monaco graduate, but they do have the financial muscle to secure his services next summer.
Sergio Aguero has been the undisputed striker for the Cityzens for the past nine years, but he has struggled with injury concerns over a period of 18 months which has reduced his playing time.
His contract is scheduled to expire in June next year, it is still unclear whether he would be prepared to extend his stay. Gabriel Jesus has been the deputy for Aguero, but the Brazilian has yet to prove himself as the worthy long-term successor
The former Palmeiras youngster missed 24 big chances during the course of the 2019/2020 Premier League campaign and that was the highest for any player in the division.
As things stand, Mbappe remains committed to Les Parisiens, but his situation could change next summer, suppose he enters the final year of his contract without a renewal on the horizon.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Ligue 1 News
- Rennes vs Paris Saint-Germain Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Ligue 1 in December 2022: Fixtures & Restart Date
- France’s chances at the 2022 World Cup
- Marseille vs Lens Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Will PSG finally break their Champions League curse under Galtier?
- PSG v Nantes: Trophee des Champions Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Lyon mean business this summer as prodigal sons return home
- Paris Saint-Germain’s 2022/23 pre-season fixtures & more
- Ligue 1 Transfer News Latest – Lacazette Coming Home
- Rennes vs Marseille Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups